Program Learning Outcomes
Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies
- Comprehend and apply major theoretical approaches to the study of gender in local and international contexts.
- Understand gender as historically changing and imbricated with race, sexuality, class, nationality, ability and other relations of difference (intersectionality).
- Proficiently apply research skills to approach questions within women and gender studies from multiple disciplinary perspectives, and to identify, assess and utilize sources from both print and electronic media (interdisciplinarity).
- Effectively communicate critical perspectives on local and global manifestations of gender and sexuality, through written, oral and/or digital presentations to diverse audiences.
- Learn how to apply training in critical gender, culture and sexuality studies to legal, political, economic and cultural change processes outside the classroom.