Program Learning Outcomes
Political Science / Political Science--Public Service
- Identify and explain key behavioral and institutional characteristics of political systems, including those within countries and the international political order;
- Understand and assess systematic forces that underlie political processes in the United States and abroad;
- Analyze and critically assess political theories and concepts, including theories developed both in the history of political philosophy and in contemporary social scientific approaches;
- Employ scholarly standards to assess the quality of political science research; and
- Effectively write about political systems, processes, and theories in a rigorous manner.