Program Learning Outcomes
- Engage in critical, analytical thinking and writing.
- Describe and analyze the connections between individuals, institutions, and social structure, which is fundamental to the sociological enterprise.
- Discuss and synthesize the leading sociological paradigms, including the foundational work of Max Weber, Emile Durkheim, and Karl Marx.
- Conduct original research and collect data using quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Understand the crucial role of gender, race, class, and ethnic diversity in major American institutions, including economic, educational, political, and health care institutions.