Program Learning Outcomes
- Understand the fundamental principles of molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, genomics, and bioinformatics.
- Apply the fundamental principles to an area of emphasis (animal, plant or microbial biotechnology, or bioinformatics).
- Understand how biotechnology is used to make pharmaceuticals, improve agriculture, develop novel biofuels, and clean up the environment.
- Apply the scientific method to all phases of a research project including experimental design, data collection, data analysis and interpretation.
- Effectively communicate their knowledge in both written and oral formats.
- Identify, analyze and communicate ethical and sociological issues associated with biotechnological advances.