Program Learning Outcomes
- Graduates will understand the fundamental principles of plant biology including plant cell biology, plant development and anatomy, plant physiology and plant genetics.
- Graduates will be able to apply the fundamental principles of plant biology to their area of specialization (crop production, plant breeding or postharvest technology).
- Graduates will have the ability to use modern library search tools to retrieve scientific information related to plant sciences and agriculture.
- Graduates will understand the scientific method and have the ability to design and perform field and/or laboratory experiments related to plant functions.
- Graduates will have the critical thinking skills to make decisions by drawing logical conclusions using scientific principles.
- Graduates will understand and be able to articulate how knowledge of plant sciences is applied in agriculture and the role of plant science in addressing challenges facing society.
- Graduates will be able to successfully pursue careers in agricultural industries, government or to pursue advanced degrees in plant sciences, agronomy, plant genetics or related disciplines.
updated: June 2017