Program Learning Outcomes
Textiles and Clothing*
- Demonstrate understanding of the fundamental concepts in, the physical and social sciences while employing textiles and clothing as a meaningful context;
- Foster connections between the physical and social sciences using textiles and clothing as a meaningful context.
- Integrate knowledge among micro (e.g., fiber properties), meso (e.g., consumer behavior and interaction), and macro (e.g., cultural, environmental, and global economic) levels of analysis;
- Think critically and creatively about issues of social and environmental responsibility, especially in the contexts of production, distribution, and consumption;
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative information, and to apply this analysis to complex societal and scientific issues; and
- Communicate effectively about the integration of the physical and social sciences in written and individual/group presentations.
*admissions suspended 2018-19